Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Washington's Porter


Washington's Porter
Williamsburg AleWerks
Williamsburg, Virginia
6.35% ABV
Style: American Porter

C: Pretty Dark...Appears Clear
H: Dark Brown/Red
N: Sweet/Roasted Malt and hints of Chocolate

The Ferm: Wasn't sure what to think about this bottle when I opened my Beer of the Month Box from The Original Craft Beer Club and Beer Universe, but I had never heard of the brewery so I was somewhat excited. Then I saw it was a Porter....UGHHHHH. Ohh well I will never turn down a new beer.

To style, very much so! Something special, nope. If Washington himself came up with this recipe I would not be surprised as it jsut seems old fashioned. That said the beer is brewed very well, and to style. The body is light and the drink is refreshing for a dark beer. The roasted malts come across, with no off flavors. Hints of Chocolate dance around the tastes. Worth a try if you are a fan of porters.

Score: 3.099

1 comment:

  1. Drank this on Saturday. It was meh...nothing special

    ReplyDelete