Monday, March 21, 2011

Upland Dragonfly IPA


Dragonfly IPA
Upland Brewing Company
Bloomington, Indiana
6.00% ABV
Style: IPA


C: Murky and Cloudy, but some sexy head!
H: Amber in color
N: Citrus hops with malt. Malt has almost an over powering dough-y odor to it

The Ferm: Not gonna lie I was supper excited to see some Upland Bottle Caps when I opened my box from Beer Universe and The Original Craft Beer Club. Ever since I read some reviews of their beers from another friends running/beer/life blog I was salivating at the mouth to get this beer in my belly. What blog is that? Well it is Cheaper than Therapy, one of my favorite daily reads! Check it out.

OK, enough plugs....you are here to read about beer not me kissing ass. Beer was good....DONE! That's what you get for not putting up with my ass kissing!

Seriously, it was a smooth IPA. The dough-y like qualities in the nose came through in the taste of the beer and sort-a over powered the hops, which was a disappointment. Regardless, it was a solid drink. I don't think it would make it into my regular routine of IPA's but it is pretty close. A good beer to drink outdoors though!

Score: 3.2199

3 comments:

  1. Heh, glad you sort of liked it! Heh. I think I agree that it's not my favorite, but a solid IPA. I just saw Double Dragonfly on the shelf this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH AND THANKS FOR THE PLUG! Checks in the mail!

    ReplyDelete