Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Upland Wheat Ale


Wheat Ale
Upland Brewing Company
Bloomington, Indiana
4.50% ABV
Style: Witbier / Wheat Ale


C: Cloudy....Just like it should be!
H: Straw Yellow
N: Clove, Banana, Spicy Citrus, Hint of Butter???

The Ferm: Final Upland review of the week. I honestly was the least excited about this beer coming out of the The Original Beer of the Month Club Box, but I was pleasantly surprised that this beer ROCKED!

Yep, this is a very good, to style Wheat Ale. I personally love the fact that there is some nice hints of citrus to compliment the yeast characteristics on the tongue. I am not generally a big fan of this style but have gained a new love for them due to enjoying The Floridian from The Funky Buddha in Boca Raton. While the Wheat Ale doesn't have the same citrus bite that is in the Floridian, it is pretty close.

I would happily drink this beer on a regular rotation, and not be ashamed to share it with my friends!

Score: 3.985

No comments:

Post a Comment