Monday, April 25, 2011

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René


Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René
Brouwerij Lindemans
Belgium
5.00% ABV
Style: Gueuze


C: Pretty Clear
H: Bright Gold with an Orange Tint
N: Tart, Sharp Lactic Aroma. Funky w/ Fruity Notes

The Ferm: Well I am back, and I decided to bring you one of my go-to beers. Cuvee Rene from Lindemans is not currently available in the South Florida Market, but it is available in the Central Florida Market, so this is one to keep your eyes peeled for when traveling just a few hours north or west.
This was one of the beers that cracked me into the "sour-head" that I have turned into. It is not over the top sour, so don't worry. It is pretty well balanced beer that has some nice sweetness to it, but also has a bit of Funk working in the background as well. Unlike the flavored versions that are available all over the place from Lindemans, this beer truly shines and is one that I personally can drink more than one....well hell more than one sip. Some of the flavored varieties are just too sweet to stomach more than a sip or two.
While this is not a beer that I would say rush out and find because it is the end-all-be-all to sours, it is a beer that I would reccomend picking up a small 375ml or a large 750ml to kick back and enjoy on a summer day in Florida. I always seem to find this booger in cart when it is on a shelf. One of my favorite beers!

Score: 3.99 (keep in mind I am trying to rate a bit harder here)

2 comments: