Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apocalypse Cow


Apocalypse Cow
Three Floyds Brewing Co.
Munster, IN
9.50% ABV
Style: Imperial IPA


C. Liquid GOLLDDDDD
H. Slightly Hazy
N. Floral Hops, Light Citrus, Grapefruit, Hints of Sugary Sweetness

The Ferm: Big thanks to EvilTwin for landing a bottle of this and sharing it with me. This beer was one that I have wanted to try for a very long time.
It is an Imperial IPA brewed with lactose to add some additional sweetness. The nose of this beer brought me back to the beginnings of my quest for the best IPA. I remember pulling all kinds of crazy citrus odors from the beers, and loving every second of it. While this beer wasn't quite as hoppy as I would have liked, I have to say the flavor of it was extremely well balanced. If I was to have reviewed this beer early on I have a feeling it would be a near perfect score. The beer's taste has a strong hop presence, followed by nice malt notes, and then like a slap upside the head an unexpected sweetness (HELLLOOO LACTOSE!). I will try to get this again!

Score: 4.20

1 comment: