Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hill Farmstead Ephraim


Ephraim
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Greensboro, Vermont
10.50% ABV
Style: Double IPA

C: Clear
H: Liquid GOLD
N: Pine and Citrus Overpower the Nose

The Ferm: Big thanks to HopScotch for sharing this super popular new IIPA from Vermont. I was really looking forward to this beer. Will it live up to the hype from Beer Advocate and RateBeer?
BIG TIME! Jesus, this is what a double IPA should be. Tons of citrus and piney hop flavor, with a solid body, and a nice hint of malt/caramel on the back-end.
OK, so it lives up to the hype, but does it compare to Pliney, Hopslam, Dreadnaught, and other awesome IIPA's? Well pretty good but its not a Fresh Pliney. I'd say 2nd best IIPA I have ever had. I will be on the look out for more beers from this brewery, and will work on making a trip to Vermont.

Score: 5.0

2 comments:

  1. Boy am I jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's the best in my opinion but I will give it the best nose of a DIPA I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete