Thursday, January 13, 2011

Short's Uber Goober Oatmeal Stout


Uber Goober Oatmeal Stout
Short's Brewing Company
Elk Rapids, MI
6.5% ABV
Style: Oatmeal Stout


C: Clear-ish
H: Almost Black
N: PEANNNUTS! OHH YEAHHHHH!

EvilTwin: I've been on a peanut butter kick as of late, so finding this beer was a real treat.
This was another extra I received in my most recent trade from Michigan. If this beer is any indication of what the Michigan beer scene is up to these then I want more.

The aroma was full of salty peanuts and roasted malts.The color was black and syrupy. No head, no lacing, somewhat low carbonation. The taste was pretty much peanuts all around, just as the aroma suggested. I enjoyed everything about this beer. My only regret was not opening this beer next to the Short's PB&J. Well there's always next time.
Score 4.4

The Ferm: Big thanks to EvilTwin for sharing this beer with me. This is one of those beers I have been looking for, and dying to try. Was it worth it? Yes! The beer is jammed packed with Peanuts and Roasted Malt all over the flavor. JUST WOW! Quite like what I expected heaven to be like (minus the hops!).

The roasted peanuts bring me back to my childhood, and eating peanuts at the old Tampa Stadium watching the Buccaneers play..well lose with my father. GREAT MEMORIES! When a beer takes you back to a special place in your life, that is how you know this is a very special beer! I will be hunting more of this down!
Score: 4.321

Overall: 4.3605

1 comment:

  1. In the first paragraph I think I meant to say "up to these days then I want more" oh well
    That was such a great beer

    ReplyDelete