Monday, January 3, 2011

The Funky Buddha Sex Panther

Sex Panther
The Funky Buddha
Boca Raton, FL
7.2% ABV


C: Seems clear on the corners
H: Dark dark brown almost black
N: Piney, hint of citrus, roasted malt, and chocolate

The Ferm: Well if you remember back a few weeks, I was blessed to assist in the brewing of this beer. It was tapped Friday night for new years eve, and I was surprised with a growler at our New Years Eve party. Thanks to Miguel for hooking it up with this tasty beer.
Now this is suppose to be a "Black IPA", and if you are to close your eyes and taste this beer IPA is the first impression. Then your palate is attacked by a smooth roasted malt flavor, somewhat smoke-y, and then hints of dark chocolate.

Good? Of course it is....I helped brew it.

Seriously, this is what I envisioned a "Black IPA" to be like the first time I heard about the style, quite some time ago. I love the hop build and the roast-y malt backing is on point.

Get up to The Funky Buddha for some Sex Panther. 60% of the time, it will get you drunk 100% of the time!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was great too and glad you enjoyed it.

    Also you got the quote wrong.

    60% of the time it will get you drunk every time.

    I'm coining that right here, right now.

    ReplyDelete