Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cigar City Oatmeal Raisin Cookie


Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
Cigar City Brewing
Tampa, FL
5.50% ABV
Style: American Brown Ale


C: Clear
H: Brownish
N: Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Vanilla.....Just Like an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie!

Miguel: Ah a tasty treat from CCB. I've had this one many times but always on draft. This is the first time out of a bottle as they are brand new. Cinnamon and oats in the nose make me know that this is the beer that I have come to love. The taste is pretty spot on from the draft as well. Raisins, oatmeal, cinnamon and a tad of vanilla. I love it when a brewery can be so spot on with the taste of a beer when naming it. Shorts did it with the Key Lime Pie Ale. And yes this beer tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie.
4.3854

The Ferm: I have loved this beer since I tried it on draft at Jupiter Craft Beer Festival last year. Almost a year to date, I still appreciate this beer for what it is. Very rarely do you find a beer that lives up to the name on the bottle. Seriously, someone comes up with a witty name that thinks will help sell the beer and when you get the bottle home it is a let down. This is the only beer that I have had that taste like a real cookie!
Now on to the bottle review, I have heard that the bottling is a bit weaker than some of the draft batches. I have to say I disagree. The beer is on point. All the distinct flavors are sticking out and holding strong. I actually think that there is more brown sugar in the bottles then on draft. Regardless an amazing beer packed with tons of vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Score: 4.89

Overall: 4.6377

No comments:

Post a Comment