Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top 5 Beer-prises of 2010

Here I go again making up my own words, and grammatical rules (you all thought that I just had spelling errors all year....wrong, I make up my own material!).  What is a Beer-prise?  Well that would be a Beer Surprise.

Top 5 Beer-prises of 2010


5.  Brewmasters


4. City of Tampa vs Cigar City


3.  The Wild World of Wild Ales


2.  Dos leaves Dos Beerigos


1.  Stouts



Not a huge surprise but Brewmasters, the Discovery TV Show covering the crew at Dogfish Head Brewery, is a hit!  The network has changed the airing time several times, and every time it is to a better time slot.  Hell there is even a drinking game for the show.


Why would the city of Tampa want to close one of the best up and coming breweries in the state of Florida?  Well I still don't really understand it, but for the time being it doesn't appear we have to worry about the Cigar City tasting room closing their doors.  This was a crazy story from the first post. The amazing thing about this story was how the beer community reacted in such large numbers.


Lets drink an infected beer, one with lots of bacteria, and that is super sour.  Sounds crazy and a year ago I would laugh at you and call you crazy.  Now, well, I would love to share that bottle with you.  Sour Beer and Wild Ales have been a beer style that in the past year I have grown to appreciate and love.


This probably should be number one on this list.  Dos, a dear friend and co-creator of this blog ended up taking a job promotion across the state of Florida.  The blog came close to ending before it ever got off the ground.  While Dos is now in Tampa we still get together as much as possible and work on the blog.


Stouts....YUCK! Yep that's right I said it, and believed it back in the beginning of this blog.  I despised this style of beer with everything in me.  One year later, I am shocked those thoughts ever came out of my mouth.  This is proof that things we like change over time.  While I am still a huge Hop-Head, there is nothing I rather have then a nice Imperial Stout to close the day out.  When was the turning point I am not 100% sure but I am glad that I continued to try a style of beer that I really disliked for a long time.

4 comments:

  1. Top beer blog surprise Dos Beerigos the best honest on track blog on beer.
    It is funny too.
    Thanks Ferm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bustta! That means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I thought it was "Beer-prizes."

    I was ready to win. But I suppose becoming a friend of The Ferm in 2011 is prize enough.

    (Segue and brown-nosing maneuver in one!!)

    ReplyDelete