Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lucky Kat


Magic Hat Brewing Company
South Burlington, VT
5.80 ABV

C. Clear

H. Copper/Dark Orange

N. Strong Pine and Floral Scents


Cerveza Chica; I really enjoy IPAs so I was excited to have this beer back in my possession. The smell of this beer was very pleasing to me, although I cannot really pinpoint something to tell you what it reminds me of. It is a very drinkable beer and the alcohol content to me is just right. I kind of got a little bit of a fruity taste from it. The hops in it kept me coming back for more. I feel that this is an all around great beer and one I would definitely recommend over a run of the mill IPA like Sierra Nevada.
Score; 4.47

Ferm; Well most beers from Magic Hat are usually a bit off of their original descriptions. #9 is an IPA with apricot, the Odd Notions are randomly brewed with odd recipes, and other seasonal and regular offerings are just a tad bit off of the “norm”. Lucky Kat is not that. This is a standard IPA, a little darker and maltier than most, but never the less a straight forward IPA. That said, I like it. Great blend of Hops and Malt. It isn’t overly hoppy or super strong with malt. Easy to drink and maybe that’s why Magic Hat offers this bad boy year round. Nice off white head…not “super sexy” cause it disappears rather quickly. I would recommend this to anyone that like a standard IPA that’s a bit darker.
Score; 3.339

Overall; 3.9045

1 comment:

  1. A traditional IPA should have a good mix of malt and hops. A lot of people I know prefer their IPAs that way. I prefer more hop bombs but I look forward to trying this sometime.

    ReplyDelete