Friday, February 5, 2010

The Funky Buddha Lounge, Boca Raton

**I now interrupt your regularly scheduled program with this news update**

THE FUNKY BUDDHA LOUNGE IN BOCA IS NOW OPEN AND BETTER THAN EVER!


Question from the crowd; "Wait hold up Ferm, did you say they're open, they never closed?!?!?"

Well they are re-open folks, and last night Dos-Beerigos was invited to check out the new diggs and what can I say I'm speechless.

Cerveza Chica and I went by and were greeted at the door, Cerveza Chica had to speak for me since my jaw was on the ground....this is what I saw......



It was heaven within a beer bar!

Now what’s different about the new Funky Buddha? Well besides the fact that the place has grown by at least 4x's, the stage is larger (allowing for more acts, and the most important....HOMEBREW!

Yep Funky Buddha now not only carries some of the finest Micro's in the local area in draft and bottle (over 110 at any given time) but they also now carry up to 6 HOMEBREWS.....ohh yah!

So the new Brew/Pub of sorts had some offerings and I had to test them out; as a beer fan and a homebrewer. Last night they were offering;

an IPA "Hop-Gun"; and it's just like the movie Top-Gun because it "enters the danger zone" with 6 different types of hops entered 14 times in the brew!

They also had the "Floridian" which was a pretty straight forward Hefe. with some amazing yeast notes to it.

A "Piiti" Porter; which was probably my favorite of the night (and I hate porters!) it was big and bold up front with a nice sweetness lingering at the end....a nice treat!

Finally, a Kolsch Style Brew by the name of "Kaya"; very easy to drink and had nice sour and sweet notes to it...great for a fan of Lagers or lighter beer.


The grand opening is tonight (2-5-2010), and I have to say you must go in and try the homebrews then venture down the draft lines to the Micros (they have some awesome stuff on tap right now...)

The New location is located in the same shopping center as the last location just further down! All the information can be found here @ The Funky Buddha

See yah @ Funky Buddha

So Cheers.....wait no BEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment