Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2008 Bourbon County Brand Stout


Bourbon County Brand Stout - 2008
Goose Island Beer Co.
Chicago, IL
13.00% ABV
Style: American Double / Imperial Stout


C: Clarity? Really? This is motor-oil!
H: BLACK As Night
N: Boozey & Bourbon

The Ferm: Alright I have to say after the Dark Lord vertical that was done back in December, I am gun shy about aging beers that I really like. This was a bottle I was sitting on but since I had two of them I decided to open on up to see how it is maturing.
HOLY JESUS! This beer is still as boozey as I remember it being fresh. It has mellowed out just a bit in the past few years but it still has a bit of a bite to it. Good? NO! GREAT!
Once of my favorite stouts just got better with time. There is a lot of vanilla, bourbon, and sweet malt. Hints of dark chocolate dance on the palate as well.
I can not wait to crack open the vertical of this that I am sitting on (currently 07-10).

Score: 5.00 (this beer is perfect!)

5 comments:

  1. Well let's not wait a whole year to break out that vertical then, let's get right on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had the 2010 version; LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on that 05 and 06 to complete the vertical

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Birthday Vertical?

    ReplyDelete