Thursday, September 15, 2011

Heady Topper IIPA



Heady Topper
The Alchemist Pub & Brewery
Waterbury, Vermont
8.00% ABV
Style: Imperial IPA


C: Clear as can be
H: Liquiddddd Golddddddd
N: Loving the Citrus Hop Notes on this, hints of pine, and sweet sugar

The Ferm: Well this was a beer I was hunting down for a long long time. The Alchemist is a small brew pub in Vermont. As most of you know, I hold a special place in my heart for breweries out of Vermont. The Cerveza Chica and I spent our honeymoon 3 years ago, almost to date, up in Vermont doing brewery tours.

Heady Topper was just placed in cans as well, and we all know how much I love a craft beer in a can. This beer specifically did extremely well out of the can. The beer was super fresh. Citrus hops shine in this 8% beauty. Hints of pine and caramel dance on the back of the palate. Overall a great beer, and one I will happily search out again.

Ohh yeah and like the can reads; "Don't be a D-Bag, recycle this can"

Big thanks to Seth for sharing this treat with me.

Pick it up off the shelf (if you live in VT)? OHH YEAH!

Note: Some have asked me where the ratings are for my posts....well lets see if you start to see a pattern in my reviews. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment