Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dogfish Head Festina Peche 2011


Dogfish Head Festina Peche 2011
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Milton, DE
4.50% ABV
Style: Berliner Weissbier


C: Clear
H: Golden yellow with a slight hue of orange
N: Mildly Tart with a hint of citrus and peach

The Ferm: OK, no women reviewing this one. It's my turn to tell you about Festina Peche (review: Festina Peche 2010), if you don't like it then.....POOP ON YOU!
Summer comes one time a year and sadly this beer comes around once a year as well. If there is a beer that was built for beach life, I would have to say this is it. The beer is clear and light, hint of citrus and peach.....ohh yeah and it is only 4.5% ABV!
I have one suggestion for Dogfish Head though, one word.....CANS. Please can this beer and sell it year round. This would be my go to beer.
Again not the best beer I have had in the style, but for the reason that I look forward to this release every year.....

Score: 5.0

4 comments:

  1. Yo Ferm. I put up a Festina Peche review today too. LOL. Oh well, I guess I should check over here first. I haven't been lured by cans yet, either. I prefer bottles, unless canning will reduce the cost to ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the tart that makes me happy. I love the little bit of funk too. It's not an aging beer, but IMO it'll last 6 months if you want to narrow the gap between releases. <3 you guys! Keep up the awesome reviews! -Malty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maybe we need to start guest blogging on each others sites again!

    ReplyDelete