Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Samuel Adams; Cream Stout


Boston Beer Company
Boston, MA
4.69 ABV


C. Clear enough, for a darky

H. Dark Brown

N. Would you like some Malt with that…..straight malt hints of coffee and chocolate

Fermentation: Go figure the 1
st beer I go to do a solo review on is the Sam Adams Cream Stout, and we all know how much of a fan I am of stouts and porters! Off initial pour we have a nice foamy tan head. The beer is amazingly clear (which is to be expected from
S.A.) for a dark beer. 1st taste and I feel like I am chewing on a nice chocolate and coffee flavored toffee. This is a pretty thick and chunky beer if I say so myself. She is pretty and quite refreshing to the palate, easy to drink, and like a good girl….I mean beer she invites you back for more. The flavor does sort-a change a tad at the end, leaving hints of alcohol fluttering around but dies out quickly. Not the most complex stout that I have had, but I would say it is a great entry beer for someone that might want to adventure over to the “dark side.” Worth a try, just as any of the Samuel Adams are….

Score; 3.599999

Overall = 3.60 (I’ll round up since I know Dos would have given it a higher score)

No comments:

Post a Comment